Skip to main content

Fiction: Amak's story

Testing 1,2,3, testing.
Hello. Hi. Hi to all 23 of you. Thank you for coming here to be with me to send Amak to her next journey in life. Or afterlife. I don't know. I'm not sure how this works. 

When I asked the person in charge on what should I put in my speech, he told me that I should insert some prayers and a few anecdotes of Amak. And that is what I shall do. You see, Amak lived all her lives with people spreading rumors about her, but instead of correcting them, she ignored everything and continued living her life her own way. And that what makes her special. Amak is my mother. She did not carry me in her womb for 9 months, she did not stay awake at night during the early years of my life like all mother's do. But she saved me and gave life to me when I almost died 15 years ago. After living for 15 years with her, there are a few of my favorite memories of her that I would like to share with you.

My first favorite memory is when the first time I saw Amak's face. She saved me from the ditch where my real mother had thrown me in. We shall now refer my real mother as the animal, even though that would be an insult to all animals. When I was nine years old, the animal somehow managed to acquire a bottle of acid which she proceeded to feed me with a bottle because I was being a baby for crying after she had broken four of my ribs. After thinking that I have died, she threw me in a ditch and left me there. Amak took me and somehow managed to heal me, though the first 5 years I was unable to talk. A lot of people accused Amak of being a witch, well maybe she was. Because I have no explanation on how she managed to cure me. But for that, I am forever grateful. Though I still regret crying and hitting her when the first time I saw her. With her rough face, droopy eyes, her unkempt hair, and also my trust issue towards adults, it was hard not to feel scared, but she managed to be patient with me. 

My second favorite memory is when Amak took a job in a school as a janitor. Amak did that so that she could eavesdrop at what the teachers were teaching and she would come home to teach me. She would steal books and handouts and she would sit with me together to do it. Until one of the teacher caught her. But it turned out great because the teacher started to come over and together both of them helped me to get over my trust issue and that was how I started I going to school. Despite not having a proper education herself, Amak believed that education will help me to be a better person. And she was right. 

I have many other memories of her, but this is my ultimate favorite. You might judge me or Amak, but you would understand it if you were in our shoes. One day, The Animal came to our house and started to ask Amak for money because she said I am her child. Amak was discussing with her softly though I can clearly see the anger in Amak's eyes. The Animal, under the influence of drugs and many other things, started to behave like an animal. Amak told her to sit down and told her that she is going to make the Animal a drink. Amak came back and gave The Animal a drink that looked like coffee and after drinking it, The Animal's pupils went missing and we can only see the white part of her eyes. She started moving in a very weird way, like she was possessed or something and Amak took a piece of wood and started to hit The Animal repeatedly. And then I heard multiple cracks, just like the sound of my broken ribs and I told Amak to stop. We put her where Amak found me and went on with our lives. I was free. Thanks to Amak.

With these memories, I will continue my life. Of course I would miss Amak's tea when it is raining, Amak's hug when the thunder is too loud, Amak's kisses on my head when I do something that would make her proud, Amak's rough fingers massaging my back when my ribs hurt, Amak's nags when I do something bad and many more but I know she is here with me. I hope my little speech that is a little overdue, because Amak cant listen to this, will change your perception towards her. I love you Amak. Rest in peace. You deserve this. Thank you. 

**************

I was planning to write this yesterday but I kept procrastinating so the original idea kept changing and I personally think that this story is not something I could be proud of. I think I am trying a bit too hard and kids, that is the result of not writing your idea right there and then. The original emotion is gone so I am left with this. But I read on tumblr that I should not stop practicing my writing so I just continue to finish this story even though I felt like giving up while writing this. I was thinking of writing this story after watching Yasmin Ahmad's video : Funeral. 


Bye !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Vampire Who Ate Garlic For Breakfast

Past tense . Vampire died after that. Poor Vampire:( Putar balik masa. 2 jam sebelum Vampire mati. Vampire masuk bilik tak perlu buka pintu. Bilik Vampire takde pintu. Dia dah pecahkan satu masa dulu. Sebab masa tu dia tergopoh gapah balik rumah tak sedar hari dah nak siang. Masa tu nasib Vampire baik. Kalau tak dia dah jadi debu dah terkena sinaran sang mentari. Masa Vampire masuk bilik, dia tengah fikir nak makan apa. Vampire perut macam buaya, makan tak kira masa. 1 jam 45 minit sebelum Vampire mati. Vampire tukar baju. Lambat lagi sang mentari nak datang. Vampire teruja bila fikir balik macam mana dia selamatkan diri dari sang mentari. Vampire senyum seorang diri sambil cari surat khabar hari itu. "Rm75 ribu duit syiling dianggarkan hilang". Itu cerita besar hari ini. Vampire nampak banyak gambar orang. Dia baca surat khabar macam Jenab tengok buku menu masakan. Telan air liur sepanjang masa. 1 jam 20 minit sebelum Vampire mati. Vampire pergi dapur nak tengok

Metafora

Mungkin kau patut marah Tuhan sebab jauhkan diri kau daripada maksiat. Mungkin jugak kau patut marah aku sebab doakan kau agar kau jauh dari maksiat. Mungkin kau patut marah aku, mak kau, kawan kawan kau dan adik beradik kau sebab doakan agar kau dapat yang terbaik dalam hidup. Maaf sebab tak pernah cakap amin dekat doa yang kau suruh aku aminkan. Makanan yang halal senang nak cari, rezeki yang halal tu yang susah kau nak tentukan. Makan nasi guna duit haram pun tak halal jugak. Masih belum terlewat.

Buka Mata Buka Minda

Okay sekarang cuba tengok blog ni, cari apa perbezaan dia. Siapa menang dapat hadiah. Tak tipu. Eh jangan risau kali ni bukan kasih sayang macam yang selalu di offerkan, kali ni kasih benci hahaha okay tak kelakar. Tapi tengoklah apa yang baru okay? Tengok! Nanti kte bagi lukisan gambar orang yang menang, dan Vampire, dan Jenab dan 30ribu orang kecil menari poco poco. Okay tak? Jawab je kat komen tu. Pertandingan tutup 28 Januari, Jumaat petang. Hadiah tu memang serius akan ku bagi. Jawab jangan tak jawab.